Italia - Pompeii - Region VIII - Insula iv

VIII.4.12-13. Shop-House

These two shops, excavated in 1861, shared a house and a garden (a) to the back. A portico enclosed the garden on all four sides. In the southwest corner of the garden there was a masonry pool with a small water jet column in the center. A bronze ba...

VIII.4.26-29. Bakery and House of Felix

Directly across from the Temple of Isis was an entryway to this garden (a) which was located to the rear of the house. On the east there was a portico with two columns and high up on the north wall there was an arched niche. Plans Plan of Region VI...

VIII.4.30.

This tiny house with the small atrium and adjacent rooms had formerly been a porticoed garden, part of house 15 according to Fiorelli. Plans Plan of Region VIII Insula IV Pleiades ID 432873 TGN ID 7031897 Excavation Dates Unspecified Bibliography...

VIII.4.33.

This garden (a) was tucked around the right end of a long fauces which led from the street. The garden was enclosed by a low wall and a gutter on the north and west and a narrow portico with one column on the north. A cistern opening was built into ...

VIII.4.9. House of T. Mescinius Gelo

What was formerly a garden with a pool was converted into a large open area (a) by the demolition of some walls to the rear of the tablinium. Significant remnants of woolen and linen cloth were recovered from the area when it was excavated in 1860-1...