pergola

VIII.3.15. Caupona

This caupona had originally been part of a house according to Fiorelli. The unusual building had a garden (a) in the northeast corner that occupied over one quarter of the house and contained a masonry stibadium, (3.50 m. at the widest dimension), perhaps the only one in Pompeii. A monopodium suppo...

VIII.7.10. Shop-House

Behind shop no. 10 and the accompanying living quarters was a garden (a) enclosed by a low wall on the east with an entrance on the north end. The excavations in 1906 uncovered a triclinium (l. medius, 4.60 m.; l. imus and l. summus 3.20 m.) attached to the south wall with painted plaster decoratin...

VIII.7.6.

The extremely long entranceway from the street led all the way to the back of the house into the garden (a) which was excavated in 1906. A portico bordered the garden on the east with four columns, white on top and black on the bottom, connected with a low wall with an entrance on the north end. (F...