An ancient city of Campania destroyed by the volcanic eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in A.D. 79, Pompeii was named as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997.
The room (b) to the east had a good view into this garden (a) which was located to the rear of the tablinium. A column supported portico bordered the garden on the east and south.
- Fiorelli, Descrizione di Pompei, pp. 444-445 (worldcat)
- Jashemski, Gardens, vol. II, p. 205 (worldcat)
- Mau, Mitteilungen des Deutschen Archaologischen Instituts (1892), p. 3 and pl. 1 (plan) [http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/860559196)
- Noack and Lehmann-Hartleben, Baugeschichtliche Untersuchungen am Stadtrand von Pompeji, pp. 121-128 passim and fig. 32 (plan) on p. 116 and pl. 17 (plans). (worldcat)
- Sogliano, Notizie degli scavi di Antichita(1899), p. 143 (worldcat)
Wilhelmina Jashemski (https://lib.guides.umd.edu/c.php?g=326514&p=2193250)
21 Apr 2021